The hit Western drama Yellowstone is gearing up for the second half of its fifth season. Here’s everything we know so far about what to expect when the show comes back this summer.
When Does Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2 Premiere?
Yellowstone Season 5 premiered in November 2022 and aired the first 7 episodes. The show then went on a midseason break, as it has done in previous seasons.
Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2 will premiere on Sunday, July 30 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Paramount Network. The second half of the season will consist of 8 more episodes airing weekly.
What Happened in Yellowstone Season 5 Part 1? Recap
Part 1 of Season 5 picked up after the explosive events of last season’s finale, which saw attacks on the Dutton family. In the aftermath, John Dutton (Kevin Costner) was sworn in as Governor of Montana and continued to lock horns with his foes.
Key events so far have included:
- Beth Dutton (Kelly Reilly) getting married to Rip Wheeler (Cole Hauser).
- Jamie Dutton (Wes Bentley) killing his biological father Garrett Randall (Will Patton).
- The return of Sarah Atwood (Dawn Olivieri), a powerful new nemesis for the Duttons.
- Trouble brewing with the Native Americans opposing the Duttons.
- Kayce Dutton (Luke Grimes) going on a vision quest and seeing ominous signs of the future.
What to Expect in Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2
The midseason finale ended on a tense note, so we can expect plenty more conflict and drama when the show returns. Here are some of the storylines that will likely be explored:
- John Dutton adjusting to his new role as Governor of Montana and continuing his political battles.
- Jamie’s ongoing feud with the Dutton family after betraying them last season.
- Sarah Atwood seeking revenge on the Duttons and John’s run for Governor.
- Resolution with the Native American tribes and protests brewing on their reservation.
- More on Kayce’s spiritual journey after his troubling visions.
- The Market Equities threat closing in on the Yellowstone ranch.
- Jimmy Hurdstrom (Jefferson White) and Emily’s life in Texas after leaving the Yellowstone ranch.
New Cast Members Joining Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2
Some new faces will be showing up in Paradise Valley when the show returns. Announced cast members include:
- Country musician Lainey Wilson as a musician named Abby.
- Dawn Olivieri returning as corporate shark Sarah Atwood.
- Kylie Rogers joining as young Beth Dutton.
- Kyle Red Silverstein as a young Rip Wheeler.
Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2 Episode Guide (Predicted)
While exact details on episodes have not been released yet, here is the predicted episode guide for Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2 based on past seasons:
Episode 8: July 30, 2023
Episode 9: August 6, 2023
Episode 10: August 13, 2023
Episode 11: August 20, 2023
Episode 12: August 27, 2023
Episode 13: September 3, 2023
Episode 14: September 10, 2023
Episode 15: September 17, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions About Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2
Here are some quick answers to common questions about Yellowstone’s upcoming second half:
Q: How can I watch Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2?
A: New episodes will air weekly on Paramount Network. They will also stream the next day on Paramount+.
Q: Will Kevin Costner be in Season 5 Part 2?
A: Yes, Kevin Costner is confirmed to continue starring as John Dutton in the second half of the season.
Q: How many episodes is Season 5?
A: Season 5 is a supersized season of 15 episodes total. The first 7 aired in fall 2022, while the remaining 8 will air as Part 2 this summer.
Q: Is Yellowstone ending after Season 5?
A: No, Yellowstone was renewed for a Season 6 ahead of Season 5’s premiere. So the show will continue beyond this current season.
Q: Will Season 5 Part 2 resolve the cliffhanger from Episode 7?
A: Yes, we can expect to pick up right where we left off when Part 2 premieres and get a resolution to that cliffhanger scene.
Those are the key things to know ahead of Yellowstone Season 5 Part 2! Get ready for even more intense drama and storylines when the show returns this July on Paramount Network.